4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp bourbon
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl until the sugar dissolves completely. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a boil.
3. Remove the milk mixture from the heat and slowly stir it into the egg mixture.
4. Return everything to the saucepan and boil for five minutes.
5. Stir in the bourbon and pour the mixture into the bowl to chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
6. Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Freeze for 4 hours and serve.