The New Social (Distancing) Scene
Party [pahr-tee] noun - A social gathering, with guests for conversation, refreshments, entertainment, and good times. Remember? From birthday and bachelor/bachelorette parties to dance and dinner parties, long are the days since get-togethers filled with hugs and happy hour were an effortless perk of hanging out. After months of quarantining, isolating, and zooming till you just can't zoom anymore, people are so ready to socialize and come together – even if from afar.
Yes, these are unprecedented times and of course, we must play by the rules to stay safe. That said, life must go on and there's still plenty to celebrate and being together is one of them. Staying socially connected with family and friends is incredibly important to maintain a positive state of mind. Now we just need to get creative, while being careful when sharing social space.
At 18 Erskine, your safety is our top priority. We are by no means suggesting reckless get-togethers. Our team is 100% committed to the highest standard of safety protocols to ensure everyone's well-being. We support social distancing, limiting the number of people in our social spaces and insist on wearing a mask. We are also committed to your happiness and the ultimate lifestyle. Within the building, there are plenty of spacious communal environments that invite a great scene to be safely social in.
- The Fireplace Lounge – This spacious and stylish lounge is perfect for a small group of friends to sit beside a 100-inch glowing fire in super comfy chairs for a good chat. You can even watch your favourite TV show or movie on our complimentary Netflix account.
- The Foyer Lounge – Take an uber-stylish seat, share a great conversation and turn a distant neighbour into a new best friend.
- The Dining Lounge & Chef's kitchen – If you're celebrating a special occasion, reserve the Dining Lounge for a private party. Complete with a deluxe sound system and complimentary Wi-Fi, there's a table for 12, so just do the math and ensure proper space between your guests. You may want to order in to keep things simple or you can invite people to BYO food and drinks. The gourmet catering kitchen makes it easy to prep and warm food.
- The Bar – As part of the Dining Lounge, consider this your exclusive watering hole for the night. Mix up a pina colada or your favourite cocktail and raise your glass to being together, while being safe.
- The Bistro – Tea for two, two metres apart! This café-style space serves up plenty of places to space out and hang out with a table for 12 and other lounge seating. There are two flat-screen TVs, complimentary Netflix, and Wi-Fi with direct access to the outdoor Barbeque Terrace.
- The BBQ Terrace – Escape into the great outdoors on an expansive landscaped terrace complete with a fireplace, BBQ stations and seating areas perfect for hosting al fresco dinners and epic evenings under the stars.
- Cowork Studio & Zen Garden – Brainstorm the next big idea in a spacious cowork studio with a large boardroom table, Wi-Fi workstations, meeting rooms and a quick step out to the Zen Garden for a coffee break and breath of fresh air.
Being responsible and respective is the new normal, at least for now. With a little planning and preparation, along with patience, we will get through this challenging time together. And just think about the party we will throw to celebrate when our complete freedom is back!