But have you thought about everlasting fresh air and clean water, thriving forests, a lifetime supply of energy, and a sustainable future? Living conscious and green is a lifestyle choice, and when you think about it, an important one as our earth is our first home.
Now more than ever, where you live and how you live makes a huge impact on the environment. Today residents want more than just a pretty place to live in, they want somewhere that aligns with their values. They want the choice of a lifestyle with eco-friendly features that will help them live responsibly and protect this beautiful planet we call earth.
There's no plan B
At 18 Erskine, taking care of the environment and our residents is not a trend - it's a way of life. That's why our building has been designed with green principles that increase the efficiency with which our site uses energy, water, and materials. Living in an environmentally conscious building makes it easier to reduce your carbon footprint by facilitating daily tasks more sustainably. This way, we can reduce the overall impact on the environment and at the same time deliver a healthier environment to our residents.
Live green, love green
Calling all eco-warriors and sustainable superstars! At 18 Erskine, you'll find we're not only creating a great scene to live in, but a green scene to live responsibly in.
- Green means GO! Located at the cosmopolitan core of Yonge & Eglinton, our building is close to everything. This strategic spot invites residents to spend more time walking or biking to where they want to go, as well as being steps to the subway, helping to cut down on using cars and fuel.
- Let's be efficient! Enjoy all the comforts while conserving energy with a variety of high-performance features that reduce energy consumption and lessen carbon emission.
- Take in amazing views and cozy temperature comfort with floor-to-ceiling, high-performance thermal windows that save energy and costs on heating and cooling. These windows also let in tons of natural light, saving electricity use, and they are made of bird-friendly glass, helping to save our feathered friends.
- LED lighting used throughout the building is extremely energy efficient and consumes up to 90% less power than traditional incandescent light. They use only a fraction of the energy decreasing power costs and have the longest lifespan among lighting options.
- Water-saving fixtures, such as low-flow faucets, showerheads, and dual-flush toilets in bathrooms save energy and helps cut down on water consumption. The standard condo showerhead uses close to 4 gallons of water per minute, while a low-flow showerhead only uses 2 gallons of water per minute.
- All appliances are Energy Star Certified, meaning they use less energy which saves you money on your electricity bill and helps protect the environment by causing fewer harmful emissions from power plants.
- Enjoy a healthier indoor environment with a high-efficiency energy management system that optimizes building heating, cooling, and ventilation – keeping the temperature in units consistently comfortable while improving air circulation.
- Take control! Each suite has its own climate control and is individually metered allowing residents to save on their electricity, heating, cooling, and hot water consumption by only paying for what they use.
- Reduce, reuse, re-purpose, and then recycle! Choose clean and green by diverting trash away from landfills with our Tri-sorter refuse disposal system that simply sorts recyclables, organic, and garbage at the push of a button. There is also a Hazardous material disposal station on site.
Show you care, do your share
Eco-friendly living starts with you! From cutting out plastic items to buying predominantly local, there are plenty of things we can do on our own to contribute to saving the planet. Begin with small, digestible goals and work your way up. Before you know it, the green routine will play an even greater role in your life and may even help you decide on the next place you call home.