Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Invite your senses to embody the soothing, earthy, floral fragrance of lavender as it travels into your body and mind. Feel the calming essence mellow every molecule as you sink into a peaceful state of pure relaxation.
No longer just popular by new age spiritualists, essential oils have become a proven natural option that contributes to your well-being. Increasing scientific research shows that essential oils can be effectively used in a wide range of day-to-day practices from cooking and household cleaning to health benefits including personal hygiene, sleep, boosting immunity, emotional health, and much more.
Helping you feel better, naturally
Essential oils have been used for nearly 6,000 years, with the aim of improving a person's health or mood. In short, essential oils capture the healing power of nature. They are essentially plant extracts made by steaming or pressing various parts of a plant to capture the compounds that produce the fragrance. The oils are absorbed by our olfactory nerves, as well as the skin for therapeutic treatments.
If you're interested in learning more about the natural benefits of essential oils, check out an amazing store right in the Yonge and Eglinton neighbourhood called Saje. They offer a quality range of essential oils along with many other natural products and have the friendliest staff who are always happy to help!
To get you started, here are our top ten essential oils and their related health benefits:
- Lavender – As one of the best smelling oils, the scent is soothing and relaxing. It's often used to help relieve stress and anxiety and promote good sleep.
- Peppermint – Cooling and refreshing, its minty scent works wonders on alleviating headaches and digestive issues such as gas or heartburn. It also provides energy and helps to uplift your mood.
- Tea Tree – A strong scent with major antibacterial and antifungal properties, tea tree is used in wound care, healing acne, treating bad breath and mouth germs, as well as treating athlete's foot, head lice, and controlling dandruff.
- Clary Sage – A herbaceous oil that is very calming and good for relieving anxiety and stress, especially related to menstrual cramps and labour pain management. It's relaxing, antispasmodic, and a natural aphrodisiac.
- Chamomile – This sweet, flowery scent is mild and comforting, and especially good for promoting relaxation and inducing sleep. It soothes digestives problems, can lift mood, and promotes youthful-looking skin and hair.
- Clove – A strong and spicy, deep earthy scent, it relieves sore tooth or mouth pain, treats acne, cuts, or scrapes, as well as reduces inflammation and swelling.
- Eucalyptus – This bright and somewhat medicinal scent is minty with hints of pine and sweetness. It is beneficial for calming coughs and relieving nasal congestion, as well as fighting germs, reducing fever, and stimulating the mind and body.
- Orange – Fresh and bright scented, this oil uplifts your mood and eases anxiety. It also aids in cognitive function, boosts the immune system, and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Cinnamon – Reminiscent of warm, freshly baked goods, this scent is good for calming negative thoughts, boosting brain function, treating headaches, improving blood circulation, and helping with milk production in new mothers.
- Rosemary – This multi-purpose oil has a strong herbal scent that works to boost memory and mental clarity, while soothing headaches, alleviating muscle pain, and cramps. It also aids with healthy digestion and reduces congestion and sinus problems.
Take advantage of a special promotion on now exclusively for 18 Erskine residents. You can save 10% in store at Saje Uptown!